ISO 9650-1 Transocean Liferaft - 6-Man - Double Insulating Floor - Canister - Rescue Within 24 Hours
New generation liferaft, complying with the ISO 9650 standard.
Designed for navigation in extreme conditions: large capacity and quantity of ballast pockets, large area drogue anchors, -15ºC inflation temperature, double insulating floor, fluo orange canopy with automatically erecting arch tube, 4.3 cd outside light, radar and retro-reflecting stripes.
The Transocean ISO 9650-1 also features a ballasted reversible ladder and grab handle to ease embarking. This system allows the victim to hoist himself up on the ladder and then topple easily into the raft.
Should the liferaft inflate upside down, the boarding ladder simply reverts, to allow the victim to pull himself on the capsized liferaft and make it easier to turn over the raft in its natural position.
We recommend that you choose a canister rather than a bag: the liferaft is better protected and can be secured on board nicely and safely with the addition of a specially designed cradle. The canister's handles provide a better grip and carrying facility; they also make hrowing into the water much easier.
In case the liferaft would be stored on its side, do make sure that the firing lanyard is upwards. We remind you, however, that a liferaft should ideally be lying flat, with instructions on the topside.
Even though a canister raft is better protected than a raft in a bag... its rigidity does not allow you to use it as a stool or a seat! Take good care of it: instead of thinking of it as a big clumsy box, do remember that this box contains concentrated technology which could save your life at any time.
- Very large opening - to facilitate access directly from the boat
- Materials/buoyancy tubes - the double chamber is a Plastimo exclusivity (air chamber within an envelope), used on all our liferaft models. Plastimo has selected a 1100 Decitex PVC for the outer envelope because it offers extreme resistance to abrasion. The inner chamber is constructed from an oustanding polyurethane sheet which guarantees an absolute water and airtightness, and offers an asonishing stretching capacity of 600%
- Buoyancy diameter - Upper and lower tubes are totally independant on all Plastimo liferafts
- Double floor - Aluminium coated insulating foam
- Floating anchor
- Patented firing head - Developed by Plastimo engineers and used on all out liferaft models, this firing head is activated by hand (10%) and by gas pressure (90%); even a child or an injured person can blow a lifecraft open.
- Tent visibility - colour and signalling means
- Arch tube
- Boarding ladders
- Ballast pockets
- Inflation temperature range - Although not visible, this criterion is essential - passage-makers and round the world racers must pay particular attention to selecting the right liferaft, with a firing system and bottle capacity that is designed to perform at best in the specific geographic areas where they sail
- Righting strap - To right a capsized raft. Supplied as standard on all Plastimo liferafts
- Floating anchor: 0.67m2 + 30m line
- Paddles: 2
- Floating knife
- Rescue quoit with line: 1 + 30m line
- Sponge: 2
- Repair kit
- Checkbook and liferaft instructions manual
- Survival instructions and signal card
- Rainwater gutter on canopy
- Rainwater collecting pouch
- Seasickness pills (6/person)
- Seasickness pouch (1/person)
- Handflares, SOLAS: 3
- Parachute rockets, SOLAS: 2
- Chemical light sticks: 2
- Signalling mirror
- Light on top of canopy: 4.3cd SOLAS. Automatic activation when liferaft is blown open; then manual activation
- Retroreflective tapes on canopy: 900cm2
- Retroreflective tapes on bottom (to spot capsized raft): 600cm2
- Radar-reflecting tapes: 7300cm2
- Waterproof torch
- Spare batteries and bulb for torch
- Buoyancy tube diameter: 2x23cm
- Colour tent: fluo orange
- Arch tube: Automatic inflation, simultaneously with tubes. An anti-return valve guarantees sufficient buoyancy in the arch tube, in case a puncture occurs in the upper tube.
- Boarding ladders: 1 webbing reversible ladder, weighted, + inside grab handle
- Ballast pockets: 4x55 litres
- Inflation temperature range: -15º to +65ºC
- Useful area inside liferaft: 2.23m2
- Height: 1.02m
- Dimensions: 80x50x28cm
- Weight: 38kg