The Iris 50 Handheld Compass
The Iris 50 compass is clear evidence that a sturdy marine compass no longer needs to look austere.
- Good protection against hard knocks: the smooth finish feels sloft in your hand, and it will not slip even when wet.
- Outstanding legibility of the card, with one-degree graduations.
- No parallax error: a prism projects the reading of the bearing to infinity. This also contributes to a more comfortable operation as you do not need to alternate close-reading to read the card and infinite-reading to take bearings.
- Optimum conditions to take bearings: thanks to the superb and stability and the wide 20° field of view, which will accommodate the roughest sea conditions.
- Most accurate bearing: the pivot and very hard stone are a guarntee of long life and shock resistance of your compass.
- Soft bottom cell: engineered using ultra-sonic welding, it acts like an expansion diaphragm, preventing the formation of bubbles and leaks.
- Built-in photoluminescent lighting: completely maintenance free, impervious to corrosion, operates without batteries or radio-active tritium.
- Course reading: from above the compass you can read your compass like a standard compass, with no need to look through a prism.
- Two functions: handbearing and traditional compass
- Graduation: every 1°
- Field of view: 20°
- Clearance: ±12°
- Built in photoluminescent lighting
- Red lubber lines
- Weight: 105g