Micron Extra Antifouling
Formulated with Biolux Technology for controlled optimised biocide release. Micron Extra does not contain organotin biocides and complies with the IMO Antifoulings Systems Convention. It provides excellent protection even in the highest fouling areas. The improved resin system offers more time between application and immersion - up to 12 months.
Contains Copper Oxide and Dichlofluanid
- Premium performance - extra strength formula
- Haul and relaunch without repainting
- Polishing System - avoids paint build up
- Colour: Blue
- Size: 750ml
Sailing Today Magazine (December 2001) tested the performance of Micron Extra.
- Area: Underwater, hull
- Finish/Sheen: Matt
- Number of Coats: 2-3 by brush/roller
- Method of application: Airless Spray / Airmix / Brush / Roller
- Not suitable for high speed craft
- Coverage (Theoretical): 10.00 (m²/lt) by brush; 3.0 m²/lt spray.
- Compatibility/Substrates: GRP, Wood, Steel/Iron, Lead. Not suitable for use over Aluminium/Alloy substrates or zinc sprayed surfaces. Can be applied direct over most types of antifoulings, provided they are in sound condition.
- Thinner: Thinners No.3 is recommended
"After one season the new paint, in all cases, has performed well up to expectations despite some substandard preperation and far less than ideal conditions for application. The calculated costs and labour savings makes this an attractive system"