NASA Automatic Identification System Radar
The AIS is a shipboard broadcast VHF transponder system, sending data about the identity of a ship. Its name, MMSI number, its latitude, longitude, speed, course and heading.
All vessels over 300 gross tonnage and all passenger vessels are obliged to carry an AIS transponder.
- Ranges 1, 2, 4, 8, 16 and 32 Nautical miles
- Uses standard marine VHF antenna
- 161.975 and 162.025 MHZ operation
- Uses standard nmea 0183 GPS input
- High contrast display with white backlight
- Supply voltage: 12 - 15v DC
- Consumption: 50mA @ 12v. (100mA with backlight)
- Optional stirrup mount bracket available
- Width: 150mm
- Height: 112mm
- Depth: 42mm